Monday, December 29, 2008

Best Christmas Present I ever Gave

Where to begin!? I actually have quite a lot to catch everyone up on. I will start with saying Merry Christmas and I hope everyone had as lovely as a holiday as me. There was just something about this Christmas that was especially wonderful. I really love my family and enjoy spending time with them. My brother came home from LA, and I got to see my cousins and aunts/uncles that I don’t get to see very often. I feel so lucky to have such a fun wonderful family, and the holidays were very nice, complete with poker, board games, waaay to much food, and just an all around fun time.

In other news, I finally did it! It was bound to happen, and this past weekend, it did! I officially made out with an ex-student! Yikes! I know! But it wasn’t as bad as it sounds.

The story starts last summer when Cat and I went to see another former student’s, JPP, band play. He’d been bothering me forever to come see him play (And as a side note, that part is not unusual, I know a lot of teachers that “stay in touch” with their students once they graduate) so Cat and I went one day after work. There were a lot of kids there that went to high school during the time I taught there, but I didn’t really know any of them. However, one guy I did know, we’ll call him Jr. I taught Jr. my second year of teaching, and he was quite adorable. He played football, and if he was a couple years older, would have been 100% my type. Beefy, cute, manly… you all know my type. He was pretty quite in the class though, but was always friendly and I thought he was a pretty nice kid. Well, here it is, three years later, I none the older or wiser and here he is, all “grown” up at 21 at this bar. Turns out he’s in the Marines and is about to deploy to Iraq. Well, if my eyes don’t light up at the sound of someone in the military, then I don’t know what does. So, we exchange email addresses and I let him know I want to send him a care package. I was serious about that. Well, Cat and I leave to meet up with some friends at another bar. That night, I get a text from JPP wanting to know if I have a boyfriend. I tell him no, and he says that Jr. wants to get with me and thinks I’m hot, or something along those lines. I was flattered, but not overly conceited, and am pretty sure that his thinking I’m hot has 100% to do with the whole teacher/student fantasy thing, and nothing to do with me as a person.

Fast forward one and half years, two care packages and a dozen email exchanges later. A few weeks ago, I get a late night call from JPP. He’s with Jr. and they are leaving the most ridiculous drunken message ever. I actually saved it because it made me laugh so hard. Anyways, a few nights later, JPP asks if I want to come see his band play again. I accept, knowing full well that Jr. is going to be there. It’s at a pool hall, and I know A will definitely be down. She and some of her friends were going to be there anyways playing pool that night, so it all worked out perfectly. A little bit later into the night, and I am already buzzing pretty heavily, and here comes Jr., looking super hot. He does have a mighty fine body, by the way. We ended up talking the whole night and he comes to the late night diner with me and my friends. By this time, his ride was long gone, and it was pretty obvious he was staying over. Needless to say, we made out, but it was all very PG, even despite the fact he’s an ex-student, I’m not trying to hook up like that with a guy on the first night, especially without a proper date! :) He was very adorable, and it was a fun time. He was loving some Maxi, I will say that. The next morning (or more accurately next afternoon) when I had to take him to his car, I said something along the lines of “Eh, it was bound to happen eventually, may as well have been with you.” Haha! But once again, I’m not so vain to think it was all me, I do know about the whole “hot for teacher” thing. But, what I am vain enough to say, is that I know I gave Jr. one heck of an awesome story to tell his buddies, and that made the whole night worth it!

xoxo under the mistletoe,
Maxine

No comments: