Monday, December 8, 2008

Shenanigans are Back!

Friday Night: Office Party – The usual drinking, gambling and having a good time. I was in charge of the office party this year, so that meant I had free reign over the mic all night long. And for those that know me, know that there’s nothing Maxi loves better than alcohol and a mic. I could be up there all night long. I also won two of the prizes: a door prize and the wine basket. Some were a little suspicious, but I swear it was all fair! For the door prize, I was narrating when I said “And now is going to pick Maxine’s name from the bowl.” And sure enough, my name was selected! So you see, other than positive thinking, I had no control over whose name was selected! After last night, I’m thinking “The Secret” might not be such a load of crap (I had also been coveting the wine basket since May when I purchased it)…but then again, MK never did ask me out, so maybe not.

Later Friday Night: One of our usual hot spots – This confirmed I was back in the game when an E3 22 year old and salesman 24 year old were both vying for my attention. Why do the danged salesmen love me so much? But it was good for old Maxi’s ego!

Saturday Night: SW’s wedding –Perhaps the most gorgeous wedding I’ve ever been to. It was at an Inn out in the country, and it was decorated so lovely for Christmas. SW and her husband both looking most dapper, Christmas trees, lights inside and outside, poinsettias, bridesmaids dresses in perfect Christmas red, and the most perfect light snow dancing in the light outside. Oh, if it wasn’t the most beautiful thing I’d ever seen, I don’t know what was. The reception was just as lovely with gorgeous tall white vases for centerpieces with red berries glistening with sparkles, and the ground covered in the lightest dusting of snow outside the windows. If I could have a dream wedding, that was it!

Later Saturday Night: Our favorite hot spot – Cat and I were super ready by this time to start some shenanigans, and this was just the place for it. We hadn’t been inside for more than 10 minutes when we spotted our targets. Two obvious military men. It wasn’t more than 5 minutes after that then they came up and started talking to us. Of course, that’s usually par for the course. Anyways, we spent the rest of the night dancing, drinking, talking, etc. After the bar closed they did come back to my house for a late night cap and a little MOing. They stayed maybe an hour or so before we kicked them out.

Sunday morning: Applebees - So this afternoon when Cat and I were enjoying our usual favorite hungover meal of Chicken Fajita Rollup and fries from Applebees, I discussed how far I’ve come in the past two years… About two years ago I was trying to wrangle a date to the Marine Corp Ball from an E5, met Coach (who was 23 at the time), and had the entire local college’s men’s basketball coaching staff in my house the night after the office party. So two years older, and none the wiser, I’m still fooling around with E5s, having late night debacles at my house after the holiday party, and being hit on by 24 years olds. My, how time does mature you.

Sunday evening: Cat’s back alley while taking the trash out - Cat’s walking along, taking out her trash, minding her own business, probably humming a tune, and whoops! She trips over a trash can lid spraining her ankle! Yikes! Not really the best way to end the weekend. Today at work, of course, everyone assumes she sprained her ankle in some drunken debacle at the holiday party or late night afterwards. But no, she managed to get through the debacles unscathed. It is a pretty bad situation, you don’t really see a lot of adults hobbling along on crutches, and I know it has to hurt! But she should be back to normal after a week or two.

xoxo, Maxine

No comments: