Monday, December 1, 2008

Gym Overdrive

We all know how Cat and I love a goal. Last December, we made a goal to increase gym utilization by 10%. Of course, only now, with one month left in the year, do I decide to see how we're doing.

YTD: I have exercised 134 times. That is only 4 times less than last year! So far, not too shabby. I will note, however, that a good amount of those were not actually in the gym, but were exercising nonetheless, as I did a lot of outdoor running with Z over the summer and fall, and even into winter. Running early morning in the cold makes you very aware of your thighs! (note to Santa - Maxi could use some long johns for running).

Anyways, to meet our (well, really my as Cat and I were not as religious working out together as last year, and I'm not sure how she's doing as she is no where near as anal as I am with logging down everything I eat and how much I exercise) goal of 10% utilization, I need to hit the gym 18 times this month! Yikes! That is a lot to handle especially when there are holiday parties, happy hours, etc., every day after work, hung over Saturdays and Sundays where going to the gym is out of the question, and unusually busy days at work where lunch time is out due to work meetings over lunch. I hate the lunch meetings because 1. they assume I want to work over lunch, and 2. they always bring in really delicious fattening foods, which I just can't resist!

Well, back to the 18 times this month, I did manage to go 17 times in November, and there's an extra day in December. I'm going to try my darndest to do it! Starting today at lunch, I'll take the step class, and gosh darn it, I'm going to like it. Plus, this very well may keep the holiday weight gain under control. Wish me luck!

xoxo, Maxine

PS. Why do I feel like the 29 - 31st, I'm going to have to go 4 times a day to meet my goal? :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maxi, I'd like to see you decrease your calorie consumption in 2009 by 10%.

How many calories do we eat in a year? If, on average, we have 2,000 a day, that means 730,000 for the whole year.

Cut out 10% or 73,000, and you'll lose almost 21 pounds a year!